Saturday, September 15, 2007

How I got my name Meme

I am so behind on memes (catnip meme from Sam and Tig, 7 Ps from JJ, and who knows what else) that I thought I'd jump right in here and let you all know how I got my name. This sounded fun and maybe I'll catch up on the others if my paws don't wear out first.

I got my name cuz I'm a PEACH! Mama adopted me from the Tompkins County SPCA and because I was the cutest cat there. That's my version. According her mama, it was because I "reached out and touched someone" (her). I just stretched out my long leg and said, "hey what about me? what do you think lady? am I the cutest bestest manliest one here?" (I still had my h00-haahs). I found my way to the SPCA in a hot pink collar.I was also sooo skinny. 6 lbs. I should weigh 13 for my structure, but I can't get above 11 cuz I'm such a busy guy. I had a bad case of worms that took Mama 2 months to clear up, along with one wrong diagnosis of asthma. I had to take super-turbo-mega dewormer. Not fun. Lemme tell you. Also lost my hoo-hahs. Mama claims I had a high voice before I lost them, but she's wrong. I only became LV (little voice) after that fateful day.
Mama went through lots of potential names, but Peach stuck. She said, he won't be Peaches because everycat is Peaches, just Peach, in the singular. And then one day my Auntie Anne (Jimmy Joe's Mama) decided to sing "I am the Peach Man, koo koo ka choo" to me. Then I was Peach Man. Sometimes, I'm just "the Man", and usually referred to as THE Peach Man, not just plain old Peach Man. I'm also called "Prince" "Peachness", "Peachnik", "Peacher" and "Sir Peachley" and lots of other mean names by the girls that aren't fit for print. On all of my medical records, I'm known as "Peach, DMH"


Ok that was long, I don't have the energy for more memes. I gotta sleep. Been bird hunting all day, man.

8 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Hey Peach that was neat.Also ,it's cool that there are siblings on the blogs.Your Mom & Jimmy Joe's Mom.My Mom and Moe & Mindy's Mom.
Mom also likes the song your Auntie sang(different words,heehee)
See ya later,koo koo ka choo!!

Mickey's Musings said...

Hey Peach, good story.So your Aunt is Jimmy Joe's Mom .That is so neat.My Mom is an Aunt to Moe & Mindy(Team Tabby).All kinds of siblings on the blogs. Also Mom likes the song your Aunt sang (different words,heehee)
Visit ya later Peach,koo koo ka choo!!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Very cool Peach. :) I'm glad you were rescued and found such a wonderful Forever Home. :) Thanks for telling us how you acquired your name. I like the nickname "Sir Peachley."

HRH Yao-Lin said...

I think you suit your name. I do have to admit that if you lived in my house, the human would probably call you "little peachy poo darling darling" because she is an IDIOT and doesn't appreciate how much of a mancat you are. Ignore her.

x

Daisy said...

I never knew you were so skinny before, because you look like a big mancat now! Peach is a good name for you.

JT said...

Cool story, Peach Man! Sorry to hear about the little voice. The American Feeder says that since I was neutered as a kitten, I never had a chance to get a "man" voice. Cruel Feeders!

Lux said...

I love the story of your name - it fits you!

Hey, I have a tiny little voice, too ... the beans laugh at me, can you imagine???

The Crew said...

Very interesting, Peach. Max and I also had our hoo-has stolen at a very young age, but our voices are fine...or at least WE think they are. It really doesn't matter what the humans think!

I must say, you certainly look like you weigh more than 11 lb. All that MH you have must be deceiving.

George