Monday, July 2, 2007

Are you a member of the Blogerati?

I am! I am! I am a blogerati. (noun. The blogosphere (qv) intelligentsia, from samizdata.net OR Blogerati
1. The collective blogging intelligentsia, commonly understood as being the most influential and highly trafficked bloggers online by page rank and the effect of link traffic.
2. The most intellectually hefty subsection of this group. from whatis.com)

Jofish sez the real defintion is people who are obessessed their blogs and don't live their real lives. Blog snobs. He thinks instead, I'm member of the Peacherati. Oh, yeah, baby. I love myself. That's for sure. No one more important that the Peach Man.

Mama points out that the word is derived from Italian. But she doesn't know how to make singulars in that language. Blogerat? Sounds too Russian. Like Samizdat--that's what we are Cat Samizdat (self-publication to avoid the censors back in the USSR). If you can have intelligent (a member of the intelligentsia), then why can't I be a BLOGERAT? Huh? Huh?

OH, wait, you gots to be "influential" (check), "highly trafficked" (getting there, I'm no Skeezix yet), intellectually hefty (????).

Yep, I'm a Blogerat. Are you?



SCOUT: What is it with you and the USSR?? You're weird.
SIMONE: Like that's a surprise to anyone.

7 comments:

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Um, we'z just cats...is dat okay?

Kimo and Sabi said...

Hahahaha! Kimo can be da Kimoratti and Sabi can be da Sabiratti!

Samantha & Mom said...

Peach you are very funny. You come up with the neatest posts. They make us laugh.
Samantha & Tigger

Anonymous said...

blog-o-rat??????

RAT??????

You're supposed to eat those!

Skittles, The Huntress

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Peach, you are clearly an intellectual cat! You have given me a great deal to ponder!

Daisy said...

I do not think I am part of the blogerati. But I rode in a Maserati once. In my dreams.

The Furry Kids said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog. Mom says to tell you that I was already named Titus when I came to live with her. Her and Dad call me "T" a lot, so when Tazo & Earl Grey came to live with us, she joked around that they were T's cats. Which turned into "tea cats" which led her to name them after tea. She's weird.

~Titus