Monday, July 16, 2007

Mancat Monday, or Advice Column

Since one of the mane duties of a Mancat is to dispense advice, I thought I'd give a little photo journal of advice for Parker's upcoming journey to O hi O (seeing as I just had experience with this myself). Mostly, though, it's advice for Rudy, and any other adventurous cats out there.


How to handle the worst day ever (spent in a PTU in a car)
When your day starts off like this:


Oh, no, NOT another day in the car! Don't wake me up. Just leave me here to die.

Try to look as distressed as possible when you are allowed fresh air. Pathetic whines, sweaty paws, hyperventilate if possible. Ignore all attempts to comfort and soothe.

My other favorite tactic, as you know, is to hide in the bedframe. (Admittedly, Jofish was terrible and documented the whole experience.)
Hide in there, and even when they shake the bed so hard you think you are going to die....

HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!! And don't say a word. Make sure you try to get out the way you don't fit.

And eventually you will succeed in delaying the trip, pissing everyone off, but also giving a good laugh.


That's my Mancat Advice or Peach's Lonely Hearts Column for Today. Please submit burning questions for next week.....

11 comments:

Daisy said...

That is some very good advice, Peach. My paws get very sweaty too, when I am nervous.

Laura said...

Peach, you can't imagine how many bits of this stellar advice we used last December on our FIVE day move from Colorado to NC. The two we found especially helpful were hyperventilating and whimpering in the prison when being watched and hiding in the bed springs in the motel beds. Also, pee in the prison for extra attention and drama!
Mosaic Cats

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow, Peach, we've never had to move, but this is great advice if we do.
Your FL furiends,
Samantha & Tigger

Hey Peach, my Tuesday post is for you.
Yours, Samantha

Kimo and Sabi said...

Furry good advice...we are taking notes!

Emma's Kat said...

Lol, you're so smart...and adorable! Love your orange and white cheeks, btw! ;)

Samantha & Mom said...

Hey Peach, come on over to my house and play. Mom set up the room and lots of food before she left for vacation.
Yours,
Samantha

DK & The Fluffies said...

Mwahahahahahaha

Samantha & Mom said...

Peach are you going to be around for Dragonheart's BB party in Paris tomorrow?
Yours,
Samantha

Mr. Hendrix said...

This is very good advice. I hope we never move, but just in case, I'm filing this information away....
Hope to see you and Samantha at the party.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That is good advice, Peach. I actually enjoy travelling in the car, when I'm on my harness and allowed to wander the backseat (mom stays there with me while dad drives, to make sure I don't venture to the front and disrupt him). It's only when I'm in my PTU that I don't like being in the car.

Parker said...

I have taken notes, I will try all of these tactics. Thank you so much!