Monday, July 23, 2007

Mancat Monday: Dear Peach Man #1

HEY EVERYBUDDY, SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN MY POST. GOT UP THIS MORNING THE SO-CALLED 'ROUTER' WAS 'BROKEN'. YEAH. WHATEVER. THEY JUST WANT TO STOP ME FROM A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AS A ADVICE COLUMNIST.


Dear Peach Man -

I run and I run, and I play and I play, and I jump jump jump...and STILL I gits a poochie belly! How comes I do all this exercise and still gits a poochie belly?!
Yer bud,
Sabi

Dear Sabi,

Well, unfortunately, you must suffer from an odious and malingering disease (practicing my vocab here). My only suggestion to you is to go outside, eat nasty stuff, get worms or a Fever Of Unknown Origin. That will get you skinny in no time. Diets just don’t work (I asked Scout—see, I don’t personally suffer from poochie belliness). However, from personal experience with worms (before I was adopted) and FUO (last summer), I can tell you that brings about rapid weight loss like no other. Your beans might object though. See, they call me the “million dollar kitty” now.

Peach Man

Dear Peachman,

I have a problem. I wish to go outside strollering or on my harness and leash EVERY day. But my Mommie only takes me out sometimes. What am I to do?

Thank you,

Daisy!

Dear Daisy,

You may recall an earlier post of mine on a similar subject. Essentially, you either hire another servant solely for strollering (any neighbor kids need a summer job?) or become the most annoying kitty on the planet. Whine until you think you can’t anymore, and then whine some more! Also, it is helpful to remind her that kitties NEED, and I mean, NEED, fresh air daily. Unless it is raining, but we won’t go into the exceptions. Therefore, she is subjecting you to cruel and unusual punishment every day that she doesn’t take you out. Remind her of this. Call Amnesty International. Start a Petition. Good luck getting out more!

Peach Man


Dear Peach Man

I have a very serious and important question.

How can I get rid of my baby brother?

It all started nine months ago. There I was, a single and happy siamese
prince, doted on by two stupid humans when suddenly, out of nowehere, came
this tiny white ball of poo smelling fur. I was disgusted! Honestly, he came
into my home, took over my territory, ate all of my food and used my litter
tray as though it were his. The humans love him - they adore him! To make
matters much worse, he now has his own blog and has made lots and lots of
cat blogging friends -the traitors. I just need to know how I can put
things right in the world - where everything is mine and the whole world
revolves around me alone. I have been living with the white stinker for a
year now and my nose just can't take any more! He really stinks!

Yours, in despair


Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,

Scout has some experience with this. As do I. We both suggest terror. I know all good cats should not act like Robespierre, the IRA, the Shining Path and Osama bin Ladin combined, but sometimes a cat’s gotta do what a cat’s gotta do. In the process, you may acquire some invidious nicknames, but consider this a plus. Your mission is being accomplished. Now, I suggest much chasing, hissing, sneaking up on while eating. Also, it is good to initiate play at the time of day when said invader is most likely NOT to play. Insist upon it. In particular, Scout recommends chasing said invader when he wants to go the box. Make the basic functions of life like eating, sleeping, pooping, and snuggling extremely difficult. Be relentless and systematic. You could even set up a War Room (See photo) if you wanted to keep track. Turn the invaders friends against him. Isolate and destroy. You might also watch Mean Girls for some tips.

Windex should help with the stinkiness. Spray liberally as needed.

May the Force Be With You.

Peach Man

12 comments:

Milton said...

Dear Peach Man,
These are very good suggestions. I will refer all my friends for your top quality advice!
---Beezer

Karen Jo said...

I enjoyed reading your first advice column. You are really good at this. I hope you continue with it.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

right. Excellent advice on all of the above. Hmm. not that I am taking any advice on board or anything, just find it interesting is all. *scribbles notes*

yao-lin x

LZ said...

Now those are some great answers! I especially like the one Daisy asked about. I think I do need to hire a stroller attendant!

Latte

Daisy said...

Thanks Peach Man! You are a great resource. I think you might become the "Dear Abby" of the cat blogosphere. Excellent advice!

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow Peach, you are good. Great advice!! Baby brothers beware!! Mom was out of town all week, so we didn't get around much.
Samantha

Samantha & Mom said...

Peach:
I'm going to be posting my Tuxie Tuesday Post early cause Mom has to go pick up our Gma in Lake City in the morning and she'll be leaving ugh at 6:15!! We understand slow, when Mom was gone last week, it was all we could do just to post!!
Purrrrrrrs,
Samantha

Hot(M)BC said...

Great suggestions Peach Man. I'm definitely taking notes once I can find the pen and paper. Or nab the keyboard.
Purrrrrrs,
your bud Pepi

lordjaders said...

Dearrr Peach Man,

I don't believe I have met you beforrre. I am Jade. I live with two wooferrrs. One of them likes to put me in herrr mouth. I've thought of rolling in something rrreally icky so I won't taste so good. Any otherrr suggestions?

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hmm, I think maybe we need an attendant to take us outside in our screen porch. Grate advice!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great advice Peach Man! :) You are a great advice columnist. :) I enjoyed reading your suggestions. :)

Mr. Hendrix said...

wow, those are all pieces of great advice. I can't wait until next Monday!