Sunday, June 17, 2007

Simone on Sunday


Simone here: I would like to introduce myself today. There have been some questions from Miss Peachy about my eye, so I thought I'd steal the computer from Peach for a while and tell you all about me. First of all, I'd like to point out that I told Peach about the Spell Checker. He's not very well read, you see, and couldn't spell if his life depended on it. I love reading. I help mama with her reading all the time.

Fact 1: Peach did not poke my eye out (I know that's what you all were thinking!). I had a very deep corneal ulcer that could not be treated. It ruptured in April. I had to go to the Cornell Animal Hospital at 9pm on a Saturday night. Mama and Jofish were so worried about me. And it was snowing too. Since I was still Mama's foster kitty at the time, she could not tell the doctors which surgery to give me. I had to go back to the SPCA on Sunday morning. Then the SPCA had to debate for 3 days whether I should live or not. Luckily Vet Tech Karen and Dr. Barry stuck up for me and said I had lots of pizazz left in me. So, instead of this being the end of the line, it was a new beginning. Dr. Barry removed my eye--which had been causing me much discomfort for months. And Mama adopted me officially.

Fact 2: I am a very old kitty. I am probably about 15 years old. I came to the Tompkins County SPCA when my owner died (she introduced me to the golden oldies I love so much). My real brother, Gunther, came with me. But, we both got very serious colds. He was so grief stricken that he died. A little while later I made a good friend of another older kitty, but then I got adopted. My new owners found out that I had hyperthyroidism and they returned me. By that time my new friend had been adopted and I was alone again. Then in March my mama volunteered to give me a break from the shelter. I had to live with Peach, but that was a small price to pay for a comfy bed and lots of cuddles. I went from a depressed kitty who never bathed to a peppy old girl. Then my eye ruptured and I was once again "unadoptable." Thanks to my mama though who loved me enough to keep me for good.

My favorite things: Beef flavored cat food (but not beef flavored medicine--yech, I hate medicine), cuddling, licking my beans, going outside in the back yard, helping with quilting, eating treats at bedtime, old-timey music and movies. I love Edith Piaf. Has anyone seen the new movie about her? I can't wait for the DVD. I obviously don't go OUT to the movies. I also love to listen to music from the war and watch silent films. Scout loves the movies about the war with the bombs falling, but I love the romantic ones. I like it when beans fall in love.

4 comments:

Jimmy Joe said...

Hi Simone--
I know you got kind of annoyed when I came over, but I still wanted to say hi. I'm glad you are liking CA. I'm surprised Peach let you write in his blog.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Daisy said...

Oh, Simone, I think you are very beautiful. And I am so happy that you found such a great forever home.

I like reading too!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Hi Simone it was furry nice to meetcha. What a story you had to tell, are you sure you're not a book writer? You story would make a great book. Wow.

Drop by and visit us sometime
Your friend
~Abby

Mr. Hendrix said...

Hi Simone, I'm glad Peach let you blog. Maybe he'll let you do Simone on Sunday every week. Or a Simone & Scout on Sunday!
I'm so glad you're mommy has such a big heart to take care of you. Mine mommy says people who go out of their way like that are extra special beans. I'm sorry about your first lady and your brother, I'm glad you have Scout and your mommy now. I hope Peach starts being nicer to you!
PS I like to read lots too but I'm only 4 so I make mistakes sometimes.